Monday, February 21, 2011

Time Flies

I have been blessed with the task of teaching a great group of spirited six year olds in the next chapter in my life. With that, my life has turned upside down. I truly never, ever fully understood the demands of being a first year teacher until I was in the trenches. Due to this, my precious blog took a waaaay back seat. The night before Cohen's second birthday I received a call from my now principal to join them for an interview the next morning. I had already taken a half day to celebrate The Buddy's birthday at his school, so I was in the clear to make the interview. I never dreamed I would receive a call during his birthday dinner that night offering me the job. I was immediately panicking! I thought I would be elated, overjoyed, ecstatic that all my hard work over the last two years was finally paying off. Sadly I was now 6 measely days from Meet the Teacher night and have an empty classroom. (sigh). I can still feel the anxiety. If it weren't for my Mother, Ceebee, Mother-in-Law, sister and completely supportive husband I could NEVER had made that deadline.

But alas, I did and was catapulted into the craziest Fall I have ever experienced. Here is the Fall in review!!

Cohen's Birthday Dinner (daddy was working )


My first Classroom: BEFORE


AFTER:



Halloween:



THANKSGIVING: 

Spent in O.K at Grandaddy's work

Second Annual Deck the Dolls: 

The Crew



Cousins :o)
Check out last year's Deck the Dolls HERE

CHRISTMAS: 




                                                       Cohen's new ball pit/bounce house!

SNOW DAYS:

Loving the sled from Lala

Making shapes in the snow

Firsts:
First skinned knees :o(

First 3D movie


NEW BEDROOM: Vintage Surf




Whew! That was a quick look at the last 6 months. Cohen is amazing us daily with his vocabulary and abilities. He is a guy that definitely knows exactly what he wants (or doesn't want). His favorite word is "NO" and he currently prefers daddy, but we recently tried our first preschool gymnastics class which is dear to my heart after teaching it for years. He had a lot of fun, but I am not sure he is quite ready for it yet. We will wait a few months and try again.

I hope that you have enjoyed this quick look at our lives the last 6 months and I hope to update on a more regular basis now. Thanks for waiting!








No comments: