Monday, March 22, 2010

30...the new black

It's official! I am now 30 and I kinda like it! Sounds way more sophisticated than the 20's and I had a blast turning 30, so that always helps. Yesterday was the craziest day. I woke up to 6 inches of snow...snowmaggedon, as the weather man called it. I can truly say that I have never had snow on my birthday and thought that maybe my party wasn't going to happen.

Churches were delayed, some services canceled and I wasn't sure the place we were holding the party was going to open for us, but they were beyond amazing to work with. I had the perfect party!

I can't wait to share pictures with you all. I was surrounded by love, compliments, laughter and just a great time. I felt pretty, had a blast and didn't want it to end. As soon as I receive pics back from my aaaaamazing photographer I will share them with you.

I need to thank some peeps:

Mom and Dad, Thank you, thank you, thank you! Mom, You have been so patient with me and my vision. You never cease to amaze me and helped make my party exactly what was in my head. Dad, between cooking, cleaning and babysitting you were a Godsend the past few weeks. The Buddy loves having yall around...Your daughter loves ya!

Steven, I truly appreciate you "going with it" over the last couple of months. I know I can be a monster when it comes to party planning and all the details I must have. Thank you for ALL you do ALL the time. You are precious to me!

Chelle, Thanks for keeping me straight and all your help this last weekend. I covet your opinion and love your help. Thanks, Dude!

Sandy, Amy, Kaylie and Sadie....my party crew....I always know that you guys are willing and ready for a project. I have such a blast with each one of you and know that no matter what the occasion or the project you guys will be there! Thank you for that and I love yall bunches!!

I also want to thank ALL of my family and friends that joined me on my special day. Rain or snow you guys were there and I appreciated that. I received so many well wishes via text message, facebook, in the mail, etc. It was a perfect day!

Note: Accountability Update
In 8 weeks I officially lost 11.2 pounds and couldn't be more pleased. I went from a size 8 to a size 4! What next you ask...My next goal is to lose the last 9.8 pounds to hit my ultimate goal of 20 pounds lost. Just in time for bathing suit season (yikes!). I will keep you posted!

No comments: