Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

I looooooooooove Christmas and am sad that it is coming to an end. I love everything about it. Like shopping for loved ones, parties, lights on the house, making Christmas cards, reading about the birth of Jesus to The Buddy, gingerbread Latte's, and Christmas music!



This Christmas has been no different. Steven is probably glad that it is here so that I can finally stop shopping. I always shop early (black friday) but seem to find reasons to shop all the way up to Christmas anyway. I really enjoy buying for people and getting them just the right thing that they may not have even known they wanted. This sometimes backfires though, haha. Most of our presents were even wrapped in personalized wrapping paper with Cohen's face on it. (Steven just shakes his head at me). I also take Christmas cards very seriously. We always take pics by thanksgiving and have Christmas cards out by December 1st. I get made fun of often for this, but I don't care.



This year I was excited that The Buddy would enjoy it so much more at 16 months than he did at 4 months and boy was I right! He loved opening things at his Mimi's house last night and this morning was great too. Santa got Cohen a miniature 4 wheeler and he is still trying to figure out how to work it.

Next up was to go outside and tryout the new 4 wheeler. The boys went outside quickly, so I bundled up in my new uggs (yipee) and a sweatshirt and ran outside to catch them in action. Well, needless to say it snowed all day yesterday and I eat it as I hit the ice on the drive way! I didn't even see it coming; however it made a hilarious video. We keep watching it over and over and over again (on my new flip...too cool!). Too funny!





On a serious note. I am so thankful for time with my family during the holidays and am reminded of how truly blessed I really am. I have such peace knowing that Jesus died for me and enjoy celebrating this day for him. As Cohen grows older, I look forward to him feeling the same peace, blessings and love. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: