Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas

I was definately up at 5am this morning so I could watch the weather. I felt like I was in elementary school again. We had a heck of a winter storm last night and I secretly wished that I could stay home today. I commute an hour to and from work everyday and I was not looking forward to doing it on icy roads.

Unfotunately we weren't closed, so I got up and headed out. It wasn't bad yet on the way there, so I drove slowly and avoided big highway bridges. At noon it really started to look bad so I left work and started the trek home.

It was intense and nerve racking. It took an hour and a half to get home, but boy was I glad to make it. The most surprising part of the drive was how beautiful everything can be with a layer of snow on it.

Also, for the first time Steven and I were able to start decorating. Here is a pic of the house with our tree, lights and our first snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tif! The lights look beautiful! I can't wait to see your snowman when you get it lit up! Y'all did a great job!