Thursday, September 21, 2006

Home is where the heart is...

Steven and I are having a housewarming party soon because everyone has been asking to see the house. I love having company, but am pretty self conscious about the whole idea of a housewarming party. First of all, We have been in the house for a little over 2 months and are slowly feeling like it is home, but I feel like the house will never be "show" ready. I think that inviting people into your home is a really personal thing. The wall paint, that picture, the couches..... everything in the house is there because we thought it should go there. What if people think it is really tacky? I am not one to usually care too much about what others think, but like I said, I feel like it is a pretty personal thing to share with people. The plan is to have a drink and dessert party. I think it is a fun idea, but am not sure where to get all the dessert from. I could certainly make a lot of it, but also don't want to spend several days before the party preparing food. Any ideas on Desserts? I have a chocolate fountain which usually goes over well, but need more ideas.

The other thing that has surprised me, is the people that ask where we are registered. WHAT? We have only been married a year and a half....do people really think that we would ask for gifts right after receiving their wedding gifts! Seems crazy to me. Anyways, we have slowly been getting room by room ready, and the dining room is about the only one done. Here is a pic, what do you think?

Before / After

No comments: