Monday, October 06, 2008

Time is running out

I have such mixed emotions today. Today is the first of my last 3 days home before returning to work. I have been trying to mentally prepare myself for Thursday for about a week now. I am not sure if it is working though. My organized side has had a diaper bag packed for days, ready to go to Ms Gladys house. But my mommy side is dreading it. I know how blessed I was to be able to stay home with Cohen for 8 1/2 weeks, but I am gonna miss my buddy so badly! I try not to think about how emotionally draining Thursday morning is going to be. I was teary just leaving him in the nursery on his first day at church yesterday! I pray that Cohen will adjust well to Ms Gladys, and that she will love him as much as I do. She is a great lady with wonderful recommendations so I know he is in good hands.
I am returning to work during a very, very busy time for me. As an event director with 21 events coming up in the next several months, I need to be able to focus. I received great advice while pregnant to go back to work at the end of the week rather than the beginning in order to ease into the transition. I am grateful for that advice now!




So moms, how do you do it?


How do you leave such a sweet face like this!?

1 comment:

Creative Chaos said...

OH HONEY!! It IS going to be SO hard! And I'm so sorry that I can't be there to stay with our Buddy every day!

Just keep your mind busy and if you think about Cohen just think about how much fun he's having making new baby-friends at Ms. Gladys'. {snicker}

(P.S. Hey! he'll be like the new guy at school and everyone will want to be his friend!)

Hugs & Kisses to My Guy!!
Love, LaLa